Crispy Fried Egg Power Breakfast
This delicious savory breakfast is an amazing option when you're exhausted and need something easy, filling and energizing. My special spice mixture takes it over the top!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8th teaspoon paprika pinch
- 1/8th teaspoon turmeric pinch
- 1/8th teaspoon garlic powder pinch
- 1/8th teaspoon onion powder pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for skillet
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or sub olive oil
- Combine spices in a small bowl and stir to combine. Heat a small saute pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter has melted and is slightly bubbling, crack eggs side by side into the pan. Hold them close to the pan as you crack then, so they're less likely to break. Sprinkle eggs with 1/2 of the spices as they cook.
- When the whites are no longer translucent, use a thin spatula to flip the eggs gently. Season with remaining spice mixture. Cook to desired yolk-doneness--you can tell by touching the yolk gently. If it wiggles a lot, it's over-easy. If it wiggles a little, it's over-medium. No wiggle, it's over-hard.