Chia Pudding with Cherry Compote
Want your breakfast to look like something from a chic Brooklyn juice bar...oh, and be easy, delicious and packed with nutrients? Read on!
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place all pudding ingredients in a bowl and whisk every 2-3 minutes for 15 minutes. Cover, refrigerate overnight, and enjoy the following morning with compote.
- In the meantime, make compote (which makes 4 servings): Place cherries, blueberries and honey in a small saucepan. Add 1/4 cup water and heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, until fruit has softened and melted into a thick compote consistency, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in almond extract, then refrigerate up to 1 week.