Triple C / Chilled Chickpea Chopped Salad!
This is a go-to fresh, light and satisfying lunch during warmer months. You can swap some of the add-ins to use up whatever you have around.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- medium cucumber peeled, seeded & roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- yellow or orange bell pepper roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- beefsteak tomato roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon (approximately 1 packed teaspoon)
- juice from 1 lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup roasted & salted almonds roughly chopped
- ripe avocado diced into 3/4" pieces*
- (*Wait until serving to chop avocado)
- Combine chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper and tomato and red onion in a food processor. Pulse until broken down into small pieces, approximately ¼-½” (it’s really up to you!). Add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, dijon and salt and pepper. Immediately pour over veggie mixture and toss to coat. Fold in cranberries and cheese, if using. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Once chilled, taste for more salt/pepper and add accordingly. Top each serving with a handful of chopped almonds and avocado pieces.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to 3 days. You may need to drain excess liquid from the bottom.