Instant Pot Pulled Peach & Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs with Broiled Brie
Using an Instant Pot or Crockpot, you can have this incredibly delicious Summery dish as tacos, with rice or even over salad!
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 ripe peaches sliced into 1/2" thick half-moons
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- Optional: fresh basil for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, ketchup, tamari, minced garlic, paprika and onion powder.
- Turn on exhaust fan. Set your IP to 'saute' and make sure it's on the 'medium' setting and oil. When oil is 'popping', add half of your chicken thighs and pinches of salt and pepper. Sear for 6-8 minutes, or until you can loosen them from the pan with a metal spatula or metal tongs (protein 'releases' when it's ready to flip). We want a nice golden brown color.
- Place thighs on a plate. Repeat with remaining thighs.
- Add broth to the Instant Pot and use a spatula to scrape up any browned bits. Add thighs back to IP and top with mustard mixture and peaches. Stir to evenly incorporate everything, then seal lid.
- Set IP to 'manual' for 15 minutes. Cook, then allow to come to pressure naturally (do not release manually).
- Press 'cancel' and set IP back to 'saute'. Allow the sauce to reduce, stirring frequently, 10-12 minutes, until noticeably thickened. Shred chicken with a fork, if it hasn’t fallen apart already.
- Add mixture to a baking dish or oven-safe skillet and top with slices of brie (whatever thickness you prefer). Broil until cheese is golden-brown and bubbling. Serve with fresh basil.
- Leftover thighs will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to 4 days or frozen 3 months. Enjoy!