Butternut Squash, Cauliflower & White Bean Soup
This quick and nourishing soup is an ideal winter weeknight meal, especially all of the holiday richness! I use pre-chopped veggies to make life easier!
- 12 ounces pre-cut butternut squash or 1 medium squash, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 12 ounces pre-cut cauliflower florets or 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small vidalia onion chopped into 3/4" pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper divided, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 15 ounce can white beans like cannellini or great northern, rinsed and drained
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Add butternut squash, cauliflower and diced onion. Toss with oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer (it’s ok if there’s some overlap), and roast for 25 minutes, until veggies have golden-brown edges.
- While veggies are roasting, combine remaining ingredients in a blender* (so ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper).
- When veggies come out of the oven, CAREFULLY scrape into your blend. Then make sure to seal the blender properly / tightly and start blending on the lowest setting, working up from there.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a pot and bring to simmer (just to heat up), then add more salt and pepper accordingly (I add another ¼ teaspoon each). Enjoy!
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to 4 days or frozen 2 months.
*You want your blender to hold at least 2 liters; if your blender is smaller, you can add to a pot and use an immersion blender or add HALF of everything in blend in batches).