Air Fryer Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
Yep, that’s right! You can create bagels in an air fryer…with just TWO essential ingredients (plus a few fun add-ins). I encourage you to customize!
- 1 cup self-rising flour plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt 1/8th teaspoon
- 7 ounces plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 large egg whisked
- oil spray for fry basket
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt.
- Add Greek yogurt to the bowl and carefully fold with a spatula until combined. It will look dry at first but just keep going! I personally like using my hands. Fold in raisins. The texture should feel sticky but not wet.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of flour onto a cutting board and add dough. Knead dough for 1 minute, then form into a ball. Cut into 4 even-sized pieces.
- Add a little more flour, then roll each dough quarter into a 9” tube, then pinch the edges together to form a bagel shape. Make sure there is a noticeable hole in the middle (approximately 1 ½”), as this will become smaller in the air fryer.
- Brush bagels with egg wash. Spray your fry basket with oil and set the air fryer to 360 degrees F. “Fry” 2 bagels at a time for 9 minutes, until golden-brown and springy to touch. The second round takes me a minute less.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying! Once completely cooled, leftover bagels will keep tightly sealed at room temperature up three days or in the refrigerator for one week. You could also freeze for up to 6 months.
- NOTE: this recipe works in the oven as well. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment. Add bagels and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden-brown and springy to touch.