Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf
This staple Starbucks treat is now YOURS for the baking, and it doesn't contain any preservatives or weird oils!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour Bob's Red Mill works well; can sub regular AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener sub white sugar
- Zestfrom 4 lemons approx. 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Optional Vanilla Frosting I like Simple Mills Brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, monkfruit and zest.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together extract, lemon juice, coconut milk, eggs, oil and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until just combined. Pour into your baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before running a butter knife around the edges and removing loaf. Cool another 30 before slicing and adding any frosting.
- Leftover loaf will keep tightly sealed at room temperature up to 3 days or frozen 3 months.