Summer Peach & Blueberry Crumble
This is warm, gooey, perfectly sweet summer in a skillet, and it's about as easy as a recipe gets. Honor the last month of the season with this dish that also makes for a drool-worthy breakfast.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in lukewarm water overnight and drained
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup sub honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ripe peaches skin on or off (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch sub cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons solid refined coconut oil
- Soak cashews in warm water for 3 hours-overnight. Drain and add to a blender with maple syrup, salt and 1/2 cup water. Blend, adding more water as necessary to get things moving, until creamy and smooth. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine peaches, blueberries, arrowroot and lemon juice in a cast-iron skillet. Stir to incorporate ingredients evenly until starch is dissolved (I used my hands).
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar cinnamon and sea salt. Stir to combine. Add coconut oil and mix into dry ingredients using your finger tips until a crumble consistency forms.
- Add crumble topping to fruit mixture evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and tender. Wait 10 minutes to cool and top with cashew cream or coconut cream or ice cream.