Pesto, Chicken & Spinach Frittata
You will not believe how easy, delicious and satisfying this frittata is! It's the perfect and portable breakfast, lunch or dinner, which is also low-carb and grain-free with a dairy-free option.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter sub more olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 18 ounce bag organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pesto store bought or homemade
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk and sea salt. Until fully incorporated.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. When butter has melted, add garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add spinach, lower to medium heat and allow spinach to wilt. You can place a lid on the skillet to help steam spinach more quickly.
- When spinach has wilted, add pesto and shredded chicken. Stir to incorporate. Add eggs and coconut milk and stir carefully until evenly distributed.
- Place skillet in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and the edges are golden brown, but it doesn't look dry. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Optional || Serve with sliced avocado and chopped roasted pistachios :).