Sugar Free Chocolate Avocado Mousse
You will not believe how utterly decadent and satisfying this mousse is, and you can rest easy knowing that it is completely sugar-free and full of healthy fats and antioxidants!
- 2 medium ripe avocados*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened unsalted almond or peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 4-6 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener sub coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: unsweetened almond or cashew milk for blending
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed to a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, using a tamper or stopping to scrape down the sides to get everything moving and incorporated.
- If you're having trouble blending, add tablespoons of milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency. NOTE: the mousse firms up significantly in the refrigerator, so if you prefer a more traditional pudding texture, you might want to add more milk.
- Add mousse to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours before enjoying. Mousse will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to 5 days. My Favorite Garnish: fresh organic berries | sliced banana | coconut flakes | cacao nibs | chia seeds | extra almond or peanut butter | So Delicious Whipped Topping
*How to tell if an avocado is ripe? It should be tender to touch/give when touches, but it shouldn't feel hollow, like the skin has peeled away from the flesh inside.