Miso Sesame Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
So simple and easy, but this side dish tastes almost like dessert! So dreamy in a grain bowl or as a side with salmon or baked tofu
- 2 medium or 1 large sweet potato (I like Japanese/purple sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons butter melted, sub coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet white or mellow miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potato(es) into 3/4" rounds, then dice rounds into 1" pieces. Add sweet potatoes and salt to a heat-proof mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes evenly onto baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender. While sweet potatoes are roasting, to the same mixing bowl, add melted butter, miso and toasted sesame oil. Stir to combine into a paste consistency.
- When sweet potatoes come out of the oven, carefully add to the mixing bowl and toss to evenly coat with miso butter mixture. Taste for salt and serve immediately. Sweet potatoes will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to 5 days. To reheat, add to a baking sheet and warm on 300 until they reach desired temperature.