Spiced Bircher Muesli
A creamy, satisfying breakfast when you don't have the time (or inclination) to cook. Perfect for the whole family and totally customizable.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 16 ounces plain yogurt (I like Siggis)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 large grated organic apple I recommend pink lady or honey crisp
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Place all ingredients in a container or bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you want a thinner texture, mix in more water as desired. Add toppings as you like! Suggested toppings || jam, nut butter, sliced apples, berries, dried apricots, mulberries or chopped dates, raisins, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, bee pollen, coconut flakes, cacao nibs
- NOTE: The strawberry compote in the photos was made by combining 1 cup frozen organic strawberries, 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup water and a tiny pinch of salt in a sauce pan. I heat the mixture on medium-low, stirring until it forms a jammy consistency.