Buckwheat Hemp Banana Bread
This banana bread is packed with protein and fiber, and I love its rustic, nutty flavor!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed banana approximately 5 bananas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with olive or coconut oil or line with parchment paper. Make sure to leave several inches of extra hanging over the side.
- In large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, spelt flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Whisk briefly to incorporate.
- In a high speed blender, combine banana, olive oil, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Puree until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just barely incorporate. Fold in hemp seeds.
- Baking for 55 minutes (check starting at 45), or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.