No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
The best part of eating chocolate chip cookies is, duh, the dough!!! These bites are a nutritious, simple, whole-foods way to enjoy the flavor of cookie dough whenever you want!
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates buy with pit-in
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon butter optional or can sub vegan butter
- Roughly chop chocolate chips into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Combine cashews and dates in a food processor and process until they form a sticky crumble, approximately 1 minute. Add vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt and butter, if using. Pulse until mixture becomes even chunkier and sticks together when pressed, approximately another 30 seconds.
- Add mixture to a large mixing bowl and use clean hands to mix in chocolate chips--this will take a little elbow grease, as the chips will have a tendency to fall out back into the bowl.
- Form dough into balls of whatever size you like and place on a baking sheet or large plate. I make mine around 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Enjoy immediately and keep leftovers tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 1 week. My favorite way to eat these is to microwave them for 15 seconds so the chocolate gets a little gooey.