Hoisin Glazed Meatloaf
Your favorite Asian food flavors marry with a classic comfort food to create this irresistible loaf!
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive avocado or coconut oil
- 1 batch Hoisin Ketchup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated carrot approximately 1 small
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium Tamari sub soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha optional if you like spice!
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter sub almond butter or tahini
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger sub 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: sesame seeds extra sliced scallions, red pepper flakes, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Heat a small sauté pan to medium-low heat and add oil. When oil moves easily around the pan, add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion is softened and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, another minute, until garlic is softened and fragrant. Remove pan from heat to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the hoisin ketchup ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Hoisin Ketchup, as well as all remaining ingredients. Use clean hands to mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Turn mixture onto your baking sheet and form into a loaf shape, approximately 12” long and 3” high. Wetting your hands slightly will help prevent sticking.
- Loosely cover loaf with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove tin foil and spread remaining Hoisin Ketchup in an even layer over loaf. Bake another 15 minutes, uncovered, or until loaf is mostly firm to touch and has golden-brown edges. Allow to cool another 15 minutes before slicing. Loaf will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 4 days, assuming meat was fresh upon purchase.