My Favorite Sesame Noodles
This is my absolute favorite childhood dish, Sesame Noodles! These are creamy, can't-stop-opening-the-fridge good, but my version is full of healthy fats and calcium, so you can feel great eating them!
- 8 ounce spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Tamari sub soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sub 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 packed teaspoon freshly grated ginger sub 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients except noodles, in the order listed, in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to incorporate thoroughly. Stir half of the sauce into the bowl of noodles. Taste and add more sauce as you like. I add it all in, because I like really sauce-y noodles and I find they dry out in the fridge. You can also cover and refrigerate leftover sauce and add later.
- Place in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before enjoying. Noodles will keep for 5 days.