My Favorite Salad
I can't get enough of this familiar and delicious combination of salad ingredients and this refreshing, creamy vinaigrette!
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce sliced into 1 inch ribbons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 1/4 cup cucumber chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado diced into 1 inch pieces
- Optional: toasted nuts or seeds
CUCUMBER MINT VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt preferably full-fat
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar sub red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Make Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Assemble Salad: Combine romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and optional garnish of choice in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing to taste. Toss to coat and serve immediately. Salad will keep for 24 hours in the fridge tossed with dressing. If you don't want to eat the whole salad at once, only add dressing and avocado to individual servings.