Keto Friendly Double Chocolate Chunky Granola
Keeping with my low-carb theme, I'm so excited to share this luscious, chunky chocolate granola.
- 3/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 3/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (sub 3 ounces chopped chocolate)
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (sub coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Roughly chop macadamia nuts and walnuts and add them to a large mixing bowl, along with all remaining dry ingredients, EXCEPT chocolate. Stir to evenly incorporate.
- Crack eggs into a smaller mixing bowl and check for shells. Add melted butter and vanilla and stir until creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until it forms a sticky “batter”. Add to your lined baking sheet and form it into a ball, then top with another piece of parchment. Use your hands or a rolling pin (recommended) to spread batter into an even layer approximately ½” thick.
- Bake for 50 minutes, and as soon as it comes out, sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips/chunks (and flaky salt, if you like sweet/salty). Allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for 25 minutes, or until chocolate is solid (I put a dish towel under the baking sheet when I refrigerate it). Once cooled, break granola into chunks and enjoy!
- Granola will keep tightly sealed (completely cooled) at room temperature for two days, then another four days in the fridge.