Low Sugar Blueberry Brie Muffins
Cheese in a blueberry muffin!? Oh yeah, TRUST ME! These low-sugar muffins taste like a blueberry cupcake, but they're healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or dessert!
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk sub 1/2 C almond milk
- 1/2 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup soft brie cheese rinds removed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 rounded cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup or 2 6-cup cupcake tins with liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Crack eggs into to a mixing bowl and check for shell. Add eggs to a blender, along with all remaining ingredients, in the order listed. Blend until uniform and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until smooth and incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Evenly distribute batter into cupcake tins. Dampen fingers or a spatula with water and pat down batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 33 minutes, or until muffins have golden-brown edges and a toothpick comes out ALMOST completely clean. Cool 15 minutes before enjoying.