Holy Fudge Black Bean Brownies
You thought you had your go-to brownie recipe, but these black bean brownies will blow all others out of the kitchen! Insanely rich, fudgy and delicious...and free of all top allergens!
- 15 ounce can unsalted black beans drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped (sub chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper, making sure there are at least 5 inches of parchment overflowing on each side.
- Combine all ingredients except chopped chocolate in a food processor or high speed blender. Puree until completely smooth, scraping down the side as needed.
- Empty mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in chopped chocolate/chocolate chips. Turn dough into loaf pan and shake gently to create an even layer. At this point, you can trim back some of the parchment but leave an inch or two overhanging.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a tiny bit of batter. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing. If you can wait an hour the pieces will hold together better.