Greek Salad & 3 Ingredient Hummus Dressing
The easiest, most delicious dressing and a simple, customizable Greek Salad equals dinner or lunch DONE for the week! You can also use the dressing on any salad, grains, beans, roasted veggies, or as dip!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 large hothouse cucumber peeled & sliced into 1/2" half-moons
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces romaine sliced into 1/2 inch ribbons
- 1 cup pitted olives sliced in half(black or green)
- 1/4 toasted pine nuts sub 1/2 cup any nuts or 1/4 cup any seeds
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain or garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- In a Ziplock bag or other large sealable container, combine cherry tomatoes, cucumber, balsamic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and onion powder. Shake to coat ingredients evenly and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- In the meantime, combine all Hummus Dressing ingredients in a mason jar or other small sealable container. Shake to incorporate until creamy. Refrigerate.
- Add romaine to a large salad bowl and top with olives, pine nuts and feta cheese.
- Remove marinating tomatoes and cucumbers from the fridge and drain any excess liquid. Add to salad. Add Hummus Dressing to taste, toss and serve immediately.
- If you’re planning to have leftovers, I suggest only dressing individual portions. The romaine won’t get too soggy when dressed overnight, but it will gather more liquid in the bottom of the bowl. OPTIONAL OTHER TOPPINGS: shrimp, chicken, avocado, red onion, fresh basil