Blueberry Coconut Porridge 2.0
Another re-do of one of my favorite recipes, this creamy Blueberry Porridge is such a welcome treat in the morning, and all the work is done for you! Filling, delicious and packed with nutrition, this will become a busy-week staple.
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8th teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract sub 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl except blueberries and whisk to incorporate. Stir in blueberries. Whisk every 2 minutes for 10 minutes to prevent chia seeds from clumping.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, enjoy as-is or top with almond butter and extra blueberries.