Tarragon and Almond Chicken Salad
You won't be able to get enough of my healthy take on this Southern classic!
- 1 rotisserie chicken cooled and shredded
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon sub 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 stalks celery sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- Place shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Combine avocado, garlic, mustard, onion powder, honey, mayo, tarragon, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth, adding water as needed to achieve the texture of a thick sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir to incorporate evenly. Add celery and sliced almonds. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour for best taste.