Sweet Potato & Kale Eggy Muffin Cups
A perfect savory, nutrient dense bite to start your day! Freezer-friendly and customizable!
- 1 sweet potato washed and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (I use 1 each of thyme and basil)
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 12 large eggs whisked
- Place sweet potato slices in a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of rice
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and add coconut oil. When oil is simmering, add shallots and garlic
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes until aromatics are translucent. Add sweet potato, salt and mixed herbs.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, until sweet potato has softened and caramelized a bit around the edges
- Add kale and turn heat to medium-low. Cover pan with a lid for 2 minutes and allow kale to soften.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 12-cupcake tin OR line with cup liners (I recommend the latter)
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While this is cooling, combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooled sweet potato mixture and whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Divide mixture evenly into cupcake tins and bake for 26-30 minutes or until the edges have started to pull away and a toothpick comes out clean, but the top is still moist and springy. *You may notice that some egg has spilled out around the edges. This is ok—just trim it off and eat as a snack!
- Allow to cool completely before removing.