Sugar Snap Pea Antipasto
This fresh, light and simple lunch, side dish or appetizer allows the ingredients to shine!
- 12 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion approximately 1/3 medium red onion
- 2 ounces salami sliced into 1/4" thick ribbons
- 2-3 ounces blue, feta or goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons vinegar of choice plus more to taste (rice wine, red wine, apple cider, white balsamic all work)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano make sure it's a fresh jar
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted pistachios or sub whatever nut you like
- Fill a medium saucepan ¾ full of water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and add snap peas. Boil 1 minute, then drain in a colander and run cold water over until room temperature. Dry thoroughly and dice or use kitchen shears to cut into ¾” pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, salami and cheese.
- Add snap peas, olive oil, vinegar, oregano and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir everything together to incorporate, then taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Cover and chill at least two hours and up to overnight. Top with pistachios before serving. Leftovers will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to three days, but note that you may have to drain excess liquid.