Your favorite campfire treat in a portable, healthy-ish bar!
- 7 oz graham crackers approx 14 sheets or half 14.4 oz box
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted (sub 1/2 cup melted refined coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 packed cup Medjool dates pitted approx 13-14
- 3/4 cup almond butter unsweetened, unsalted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 cups corn syrup-free mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x11 or similar-sized baking dish with nonstick parchment paper.
- Make base by combining all base ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until it forms a “wet sand” look & consistency. Scrape into your lined baking dish and use damp fingers to firmly press into an even layer. Rinse and lightly dry food processor; no need to fully clean.
- *If your dates aren’t “squishy”, microwave them for 20 seconds to soften, then pit. Make “Caramel” by combining all caramel ingredients in your food processor and processing until it forms a creamy consistency. It may form a “ball” instead in the food processor; if that happens, add a few more tablespoons milk until it becomes the texture of nut butter. Evenly spread caramel over the graham cracker layer.
- Top caramel with an even layer of chocolate chips, then marshmallows. Bake for 35 minutes, then set to broil and broil until golden brown on top--watch carefully; this can burn!
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate 1 ½ hours before slicing. Leftover bars will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to 1 week or frozen 6 months.