Peanut Butter, Honey & Graham Cracker Bars
Peanut butter and graham crackers are a match made in heaven, but I wanted to showcase that marriage in a nutrient-dense, portable and utterly delicious bar!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts chopped into 3-4 pieces
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 sheets graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter sub coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup runny peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 and line an 8x8 casserole dish with nonstick parchment. To a regular large baking sheet, add oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Spread in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While mixture is baking, add graham crackers to a blender and pulse until they form a fine flour consistency. Add graham cracker flour to a large mixing bowl, along with chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt.
- When oat mixture has cooled 5 minutes, add to the large mixing bowl and stir to evenly incorporate ingredients.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine melted butter, honey, peanut butter and vanilla. Whisk to incorporate, then pour into the large mixing bowl. Stir to mix everything evenly, then add it to your lined 8x8 baking dish. Press firmly into an even layer. I suggest placing another piece of parchment on top of the bars and pressing/smoothing to make sure everything is compact.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing and enjoying! Keep leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly sealed, up to 7 days.