Paleo & Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
The best ice cream flavor ever (IMO), now made dairy-free, refined-sugar free and full of nourishing healthy fats and whole foods! Homemade ice cream is actually SO easy: let me prove it!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup organic frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips roughly chopped(sub chopped chocolate of choice)
- Freeze the bowl of your ice cream maker at least 24 hours in advance.
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with hot tap water (not boiling). Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine cashews, as well as all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips, in a high-powered blender. Refrigerate blender for 30 minutes.
- Plug in ice cream base. Moving quickly, remove frozen bowl and place it on the base, then pour in your ice cream mixture. Churn according to manufacturer directions.
- While ice cream is churning, line a loaf tin with parchment paper. When ice cream is ready, scoop it into loaf tin and quickly/carefully stir in chocolate*. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours before serving. I like to let it sit on the counter at room temperature 20 minutes before trying to scoop. *Alternatively, if easier, add ice cream to a bowl then stir in chocolate chips, then empty mixture into loaf tin. I just like to avoid as many dirty dishes as possible!