Miso Coconut Roasted Cauliflower
This side dish is a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite Asian flavors!
- 2 heads cauliflower diced into 1" florets
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium Tamari sub soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and grab a shallow baking dish, approximately 13x9x2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together florets, oil, salt and pepper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together tamari, miso, sesame oil and maple syrup. Pour mixture into your baking dish.
- Spread cauliflower into the baking dish in an even layer. Roasted for 25-35 minutes, or until florets are fork tender but not mushy (time will vary by floret size).
- While cauliflower is roasting, heat a small skillet to medium low heat. Add coconut and cook, stirring constantly, until you start to see some golden brown pieces. Turn off heat and continue to stir. When around half of the flakes are golden brown, remove pan from the stove and continue stirring another 1-2 minutes, then add to to heat proof plate or bowl to cook. When cauliflower comes out of the oven, toss with toasted coconut flakes. Optional: serve with sesame seeds, red chili flakes or thinly sliced green onions.