Healthy Snowball Cookies
All the crumbly, buttery, nutty amazingness of the classic Snowball, or Wedding Cookie, but none of the guilt! These addictive little guys are going to become a staple around the holidays...and year!
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup spelt flour sub whole wheat, gluten-free AP or AP
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until they form a fine crumble, slightly chunkier than flour. If you don't have a food processor, hand chop into very small pieces.
- In a standing mixer or with a hand-mixer, cream butter and coconut oil together on high until creamy and slightly fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add maple sugar and mix, then flour, vanilla and sea salt. Mix everything until just incorporated, then finally add walnut meal until incorporated. Turn dough out onto saran wrap and wrap tightly in a ball. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove from fridge and roll dough into 16 1 1/2 inch balls, spacing them 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the top is mostly solid to touch (it will harden as it cools). Cool 10 minutes before enjoying.