Grain Free Orange Cinnamon Granola
Full of warming flavors and contrasting textures, this grain-free granola is the perfect way to start the day when you want to feel indulgent but healthy at the same time!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons flax meal sub chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- zest from 1 large navel orange
- 1 cup dried fruit larger pieces chopped (I used 1/2 cup raisins & 1/2 cup chopped dried apple rings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil sub melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey no subs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup sub honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- Add walnuts, almonds and pecans to a food processor and pulse until they form a chunky crumble--you should still see a few whole and half pieces of nuts. Alternately, hand-chop nuts into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, flax meal, cinnamon, sea salt, orange zest and dried fruit. Stir to incorporate evenly, then stir in chopped nuts.
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, maple syrup and vanilla, then pour into nut/seeds mixture. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Turn mixture out onto baking sheet and spread in as even a layer as possible. Try not to leave gaps in the mixture--this will help create granola clusters.
- Bake granola for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Remove and allow to cool 2 hours for granola chunks. If you don't care about chunks, allow to cool 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Allow granola to cool completely before storing. Will keep tightly sealed at room temperature 10 days - 2 weeks.
*You just need 3 cups nuts, total, so feel free to sub for whatever you have or like better. Do not sub seeds for nuts.