Gooey Chocolate Chip-Pea Blondies
My Best Chocolate Chip Cookie fell in love with my Holy Fudge Black Bean Brownies and had these squares of bliss as a baby.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas well-drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unsalted almond butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate I use 72%, you can sub chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 glass baking dish (or other small, shallow baking dish) with parchment paper. Allow an inch to overhang the sides.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chopped chocolate. Puree until completely smooth with no small bits of chickpea. Remove blade and carefully add chocolate and stir with a fork. Alternatively, empty batter into a bowl and stir in chocolate. I like the first option because it saves cleaning the extra dish :).
- Pour batter into baking dish and spread to even thickness. Bake for 55-60 minutes. 55 if you want a very gooey blondie, 60 if you want it moist but a little more firm. Either way, allow to cool at least 30 minutes before enjoying. If you can wait an hour, it will be easier to slice.