Glazed Lemon Cake Bars
A nut-free alternative to gluten-free baking goods, these moist, tangy cake bars are a perfect indulgent breakfast or dessert.
C A K E | I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest 2 large or 3 small lemons, will need more below!
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice *zest lemons before juicing
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
G L A Z E | I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup maple crystals sub coconut sugar or other dried sugar
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot power sub cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
C A K E | P R O C E D U R E
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure several inches of parchment hang over each side.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir to incorporate. Pour batter into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Baking for 35 minutes or until the batter is slightly firm to touch and a toothpick comes out mostly clean but with a bit of moisture. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
G L A Z E | P R O C E D U R E
- Place sugar and starch in a high speed blender and blend until a powdered texture forms, only 10-15 seconds. You can mix it up and reblend to get all of the particles.
- Take half of your powdered sugar and mix with 1 tablespoon almond milk or water plus zest. Drizzle generously on bars.