French Toast Donuts
You favorite brunch dish married your favorite dessert, and resulted in this ridiculously delicious hybrid that will leave your house smelling like heaven.
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder sub 1 tsp extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If using a silicon donut pan, no greasing is needed. If using a metal donut pan, grease with coconut oil, grass-fed butter or another neutral fat. No donut pan? Grease a muffin tin or cupcake tin and make those!
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Pour batter into donut pan, filling 3/4 full. If using only 1 6-hole donut pan, you will have batter left. You can either bake another batch after the first have been cooled and removed, or you can make 2 cupcakes or muffins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When donuts are finished baking, immediately sprinkle half of the maple sugar on top. Place remaining maple sugar on a small plate. Cool 10 minutes, remove donuts from pan and press other side into the maple sugar.