Every Green Pesto & Mushroom Pasta
All the beautiful green things come together in one of my all-time favorite vegetarian dishes!
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms can also buy whole and slice
- 1/2 white onion chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast sub parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted nuts of choice
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make pesto by combining all ingredients in a food processor except olive oil. While blending, drizzle in olive oil. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Heat a saute pan to medium and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil is lightly shimmering, add onions and mushrooms. Cook, for 4-6 minutes until veggies are lightly golden brown around the edges. Add cooked pasta and 3/4 of your pesto. Mix everything together, adding a splash of water or two as necessarily to coat pasta evenly with pesto. Taste for seasoning and add more pesto as you like.
- Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.