Blackberry Breakfast Bread
Breakfast gets easier and more delicious with this lovely make-ahead loaf, packed with nourishing oats, fresh berries and a touch of sweetness. Perfect on its own or toasted with almond butter and a drizzle of honey.
- 2 1/4 cups oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil melted and cooled to room temp
- 1 1/2 pints fresh blackberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat bran, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in blackberries.
- Pour batter into loaf tin evenly and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before removing and slicing.