Avocado Pasta with Garlic Shrimp
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 medium ripe avocados roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces fresh or thawed-from-frozen shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 cup pistachios roasted, can be salted or not
- fresh parsley optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to keep noodles from sticking. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine avocados, 2 whole cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and lemon juice. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add butter and olive oil. When butter has melted, add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and softened, approximately 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely pink throughout but still tender. This takes approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cooked noodles and all of your avocado sauce. Stir to coat evenly and serve with a sprinkle of pistachios and parsley.