Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
My current side dish OBSESSION, these crispy, slightly spicy-sweet cauliflower florets are downright addicting! I truly feel like I'm enjoying fried food, but there's barely any oil for the entire recipe!
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped into 1 1/2" florets(approximately 6 cups)
- 2-3 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce start with 2 if heat-sensitive
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast more for a cheesier flavor; I use 3
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- Set air fryer to 360 degrees F. Add all ingredients except cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine thoroughly. Add cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Add half of your cauliflower to air fryer (no need to oil the basket). Cook for 12-14 minutes, shaking halfway, or until you reach desired consistency. Repeat with remaining cauliflower, except lower cook time to 9-10 minutes. Cauliflower will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 4 days. To reheat, add back to air fryer for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through and slightly crispy.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper. Repeat directions for making sauce and tossing/coating cauliflower. Spread cauliflower evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes, turning halfway through, or until cauliflower is tender with dark golden brown edges. Storage directions are the same as above. To reheat, add to a 400 degrees oven for 5 minutes, or until warmed through.