Watermelon and Feta Salad
A bright, summery side that I love to serve with grilled salmon and enjoy al fresco!
- 3 cups watermelon cut into 2x2 inch cubes (approximately 2/3 of a medium watermelon)
- 1 5 oz bag organic baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds I prefer toasted
- 1/4 cup mint sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shallot minced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make vinaigrette below and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula and pumpkin seeds. Toss with vinaigrette, to taste.
- Portion arugula and pumpkin seed mixture onto plates. Top each plate with watermelon cubes, feta and a touch of mint.
- Drizzle each plate with a bit more vinaigrette.
- Combine all ingredients through shallot in a small bowl. Stir briefly together.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternative: add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until incorporated.