Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip
You won't believe that this dip is dairy-free! Whenever I bring it to a potluck or Game Day event, the bowl is practically licked clean! Feel free to sub cashews for the pine nuts.
- 1 cup pine nuts for Pine Nut Cream
- 10 ounce bag frozen spinach chopped
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced, about 1 cup
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepperto taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Water as needed
Pine Nut Cream
- Add pine nuts to a medium-sized and cover with warm water. Allow to sit for 2-4 hours
- Drain and add to a high-speed blender or keep in bowl if using an immersion blender. Add ½ cup filtered water and puree until smooth.
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the excess water (I place in a bowl of hot water and refresh the water several times). Set aside.
- Drain, roughly chop artichoke hearts and squeeze out excess water.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the onions in olive oil until tender and slightly brown around the edges. Adjust heat to prevent burning. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chopped artichokes, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne and nutritional yeast. Cook until heated through. Add tablespoons of water as you see fit, if mixture looks too dry.
- Add in the spinach and apple cider vinegar and stir until heated through.
- Stir in the Pine Nut Cream and cook until heated through.
- Optional: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dip in a baking dish and sprinkle with extra nutritional yeast. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!