THE Chocolate Chip Vanilla Loaf Cake
One of my most popular recipes in recent memory, this started in Instagram and HAD to make its way to the blog!
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted & cooled to room temperature(sub melted coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce room-temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar sub for monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener sub for coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips make sure to use dairy-free brand, if needed
- 5 oz chocolate frosting optional, but I love Simple Mills vegan brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard loaf tin with nonstick parchment paper overhanging the sides by at least 1”. I like using binder clips to hold down the sides (you can keep them on during baking).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, applesauce, vanilla, coconut sugar and monkfruit.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until evenly incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn batter into loaf tin and use a dampened spatula to spread into an even layer. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean with some small crumbs. Cool in tin 15 minutes, then lift out of tin onto a cooling rack. Cool another 45 minutes before icing and slicing!
- Once cooled, leftover loaf will keep tightly sealed at room temperature for three days, the frozen 6-8 months. I don’t recommend refrigerating.