Short No-Bread Cookies
A DIY copycat of one of my all-time favorite cookies from Juice Press in NYC
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine cashews, coconut flakes, sea salt and coconut sugar. Pulse until they form a texture like coarse flour. Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until everything combines into a crumbly dough. You should be able to see small pieces of cashew still, and you don't want to overmix or they will become chewy.
- Empty dough into a bowl and prepare another small bowl of room temperature water. Dip your hands or a retractable ice cream scoop in water and shake off excess. Scoop cookies using approximately 2 packed tablespoons of dough each.
- At this point, you can just form balls, place a few inches apart and flatten to 3/4 inch. Or, if you're OCD like me, you can dampen a butter knife and use the flat edge to form squares like the original Juice Press cookies!
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom edges are just barely golden while the tops haven't really changed in color. Allow to cool 10 minutes before enjoying!