TOTAL TIME :35minutes15minutes
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon* (approx 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise (brand linked below)
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, excess oil shaken off & finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, very finely minced
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1-2 ripe avocados, sliced or mashed (don't do this till assembly)
- 1/4 of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 slices bread of choice (brand linked below)
- *You can cook your bacon however you like, but here is my favorite method if you want to use it. I start with a whole 12 ounce package and just freeze leftovers:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and wrap a baking sheet with aluminum foil, pressing it tightly to the edges. I like to do one piece lengthwise and 2 pieces crosswise.
- Add bacon slices to the baking sheet. They might slightly overlap, but they’ll shrink as they cook.
- Bake bacon for 20 minutes, then carefully drain excess grease into a heatproof (glass or metal) container to cool. Bake another 10-20 minutes or until it reaches your desired doneness (will depend in part on the cut/brand of bacon).
- Cool at least 10 minutes before using in assembly. You can pat them dry for excess grease, if you like. Save 8 pieces for sandwiches and freeze the rest as soon as completely cooled—I wrap it in plastic wrap and add to glass Tupperware.
- Make aioli by combining mayo, sundried tomatoes, garlic clove, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisking until incorporated.
- Toast bread if you like. Spread aioli on one piece of bread and a layer of goat cheese on the other piece. Layer either side with 2 slices bacon, a generous handful of arugula, avocado slices/mashed avocado to taste, and a layer of red onion. Close sandwich, slice and enjoy! I don’t recommend making sandwiches more than a few hours in advance.
- Leftover aioli will keep tightly sealed up to 4 days in the fridge. To best preserve your remaining avocado throughout the week, sprinkle the flesh side with lemon juice, keep the pit in and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
**Depending on your preference, you may want more or less of these ingredients, so adjust or leave out to taste