TOTAL TIME :25minutes10minutes
- 2 medium heads broccoli, diced into approx. 1 1/2" florets (approx.10 cups) *
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packed tablespoon lime zest (approx 2 medium limes)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (approx 1 medium lime)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (sub 1 tablespoon olive oil)
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Optional: 1/3 cup roasted salted pistachios for garnish
*NOTE: I include the top 2” of the broccoli stem and chop it into the same sized pieces. It’s tender and delicious!
TIP: always zest your limes/lemons before squeezing for juice!
- Make sure oven racks are situated in the middle. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with nonstick parchment paper. Alternately, Silpats work in place of parchment.
- To a large mixing bowl, add broccoli florets, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread in even layers over the baking sheets.
Roast broccoli for 23-27 minutes, until tender and golden brown around the edges.
- While broccoli is roasting, whisk all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
As soon as broccoli comes out of the oven, drizzle each baking sheet with half of the lime mixture and use a spatula or spoon to evenly coat. Taste for salt and add accordingly, then serve immediately with pistachios, if using!
- Leftover broccoli will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 3 days.