Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
The creamiest, dreamiest most Fall-inspired ice cream imaginable, made from natural ingredients and dairy-free coconut milk. If you don't make your own ice cream, you'll want to start now!
- 2 15 ounce cans full fat coconut milk 30 oz total
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder sub vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to directions, approximately 20 minutes on my Cuisinart. It should be the consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Empty mixture into a loaf pan and cover. Freeze for at least 5 hours before serving. If you want to try to make this without an ice cream maker: After pureeing, pour mixture into a loaf pan and freeze, covered, for 30 minutes. Take it out and churn it with a metal spoon or whisk. Freeze another 30 minutes. Repeat until creamy and completely frozen.
- OPTIONAL Quick Date Caramel: In a high-speed blender, combine 2/3 cup pitted dates, 1/4 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch sea salt and 1/2 cup coconut milk. Puree until smooth. Swirl into ice cream or dollop on top