Power C Sunshine Smoothie
As part of the Root&Revel Summer Blender Smoothie Contest, I am sharing the Superfood-packed, gorgeous and delicious Power C Sunshine Smoothie from my Cookbook!
- 1/3 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 fresh large navel orange or 1 small orange
- 1 1/4 frozen bananas approx 1 rounded cup
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup optional
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- TURN IT INTO A SMOOTHIE BOWL! Eliminate the water and use 1/4 cup coconut milk. Blend, using a tamper until it reaches a frozen yogurt consistency.