Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies 2.0
One of my first and most popular recipes, redux-ed into a simpler, easier and equally delicious 2.0 version!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates packed (*buy pit-in version and remove pits)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter unsalted, unsweetened (sub almond, cashew or sunbutter or tahini)
- 2 large eggs whisked(sub flax or chia eggs for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine oats and dates and pulse until combined into a chunky mixture, approximately 10 pulses.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until ingredients are incorporated and you can only see tiny pieces of dates and oats. Carefully remove blade from processor.
- Place a bowl of room temperature water between the baking sheet and food processor. Dampen your hands in the water to prevent sticking, and roll dough into 2 1/2 inch balls. Place balls on baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each.
- Wet a fork and use the tines to gently press down on each cookie until it is approximately 1 inch thick. You can turn the tines in opposing directions to create a cross-hatched look.
- Bake for 11 minutes, then allow to cool completely before enjoying them.