Italian Roasted Zucchini Fries
This super simple veggie side dish makes eating zucchini FUN!
- 1 lb zucchini sliced vertically into 3-4"x1" spears
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ketchup or marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper. In a shallow dish, whisk together almond flour, sea salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs together. Set aside. Add zucchini spears and coconut flour to a large ziplock bag or mixing bowl and toss together to coat evenly
- Make an assembly line from left to right: zucchini spears, egg, almond flour mixture, baking sheet. Take each zucchini spear and dip it into egg mixture. Shake off excess egg, then add to almond flour mixture. Press to coat each side of the spear, then gently lay on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining spears, leaving at least 1/2 space between each.
- Roast spears for 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown and just tender enough to pierce. For more color, broil spears for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce or ketchup! Spears will keep for three days tightly sealed in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in a 300 degree oven until the crust feels dry to touch.