Harissa Honey Marinated Pork Sausage & Peach Kebabs
Seasonal peaches are a beautiful foil to rich pastured raised pork sausage, with a sweet and savory marinade that you can use for almost anything!
- 3 medium firm peaches not completely hard but still firm
- 1 lb pork bratwursts*
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Tamari sub soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil sub coconut oil or grapeseed
- 1 tablespoon harissa seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Slice peaches vertically into approximately 3/4 inch thick pieces (I got about 6-8 per peach). Slice bratwurst into approximately 1 1/2 inch long pieces, leaving casing on.
- Add peaches and bratwursts to a large Ziplock or other marinating container. Whisk together tamari, honey, avocado oil and harissa and pour over peaches and brats. Seal bag or container tightly and shake to evenly distribute marinade. Refrigerate for at least four hours and up to 12 (more than that and the peaches will start to break down).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain peaches and brats in a colander, then add to skewers in whatever order you like. I tried to keep the peaches vertically, so they're less likely to fall off. Place skewers on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat and grill skewers on each side; I grill the first side for 3-4 minutes, and the other side cooks more quickly so 1-2 minutes. While they're grilling, discard the parchment paper on your baking sheet and add a fresh piece.
- Cut into a piece of your brats. If they have nice grill marks but aren't cooked through all the way, add skewers to your freshly-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Serve immediately with torn basil leaves. Leftovers will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
*Feel free to use shrimp or chicken or beef cut into bite-sized pieces. **If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 20 minutes before using.