Banana Walnut Muffins
More than just banana bread in muffin form, these little gems have the rich, caramel flavor that you get in a traditional bananas foster flambeed dessert...but did I mention they're actually GOOD for you?!
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder sub 1 1/2 teaspoons extract
- 3 large ripe bananas(or 4 small bananas or 3 1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake tins with cupcake liners or grease generously with butter or coconut oil.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until fragrant and slightly darkened in color. Remove and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. In a separate, larger mixing bowl, mash banana, coconut sugar, eggs and coconut milk until almost completely combined with very small banana pieces. *If using vanilla extract instead of powder, add to wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix thoroughly until incorporated. Chop cooled walnuts and stir them into batter. Scoop a rounded 1/4 cup batter into each tin. If there is leftover batter, distribute it evenly into cupcake molds. This is a thicker batter, so use the pads of your fingers to even out the tops of each mold for even baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are golden-brown. All to cool 15 minutes before enjoying.